Managing risk is more important than maximizing gains. We believe you should never invest in anything that you are uncomfortable with or that you don’t understand. While we would prefer to live in a world without risk, this preference simply does not conform to the real world. Therefore, we use risk management techniques and tools to reduce the following risks.
Investment Strategy Consulting Makes SenseBuying and selling stock can be a good way to boost ones personal finance provided they do it in an educated way. If one does not put research behind their stock decisions then there is no guarantee that one will stand to make any profit from their investment that they have made.
Eliminate unnecessary credit cards. You do not need to have a multitude of credit cards open on your credit report. This costs you a lot of money in interest fees and drags down your credit score if you have them all above 20% of the available maximum balance. Write the creditors a letter and pay off the balance.
Personal finance is a way to address the various uses of monetary resources allocated to an individual or family unit. It takes into account the ways in which the monetary resources are obtained, budgeted, saved, or spent over time and also encompasses the various financial risks and possible future events.
Investment Strategy Consulting Makes Sense401k plans differ greatly depending on the employer who sets the rules. The only way to get the most out of the plan is to get to know it and make educated choices.
Things to learn about:
- What is the maximum percentage of your salary you are able to contribute?
- Is your employer matching the contributions? If yes, what is your minimum contribution, before your employer’s contribution starts, and what is the maximum?
- What are the number of years you have to be with the company (so called vesting) to be eligible for the employer’s contributions to your 401k?
- How often can you switch among available investment options?
- Are earnings posted to your account on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis? When do you get your account statements? Note, it is always more beneficial if earnings are added to your balance more often.
- What methods can you use to access the account? By phone, on the internet or only in writing?
- Did you spread your money among different investments to reduce the risk?
- Did you learn enough about the investments you are using?